Thursday, June 5, 2008

Our conversations these days.

Ian: Do you think Indians live in there?
Me: Where?
Ian: Those caves. (points to the trees to the side of the road)
Me: Those are trees.
Ian: Indians speak Spanish...not human
Me: You mean not English?
Ian: No, human.
Me: You speak english.
Ian: No, I'm human.
Me: Yes, but you speak english...and Indians ARE human.
Ian: No they're not.
Me: Yes they are. They were the first people to live in the United States.
Ian: No, they have red dots on their heads....I mean the girls do.
Me: .......

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow. That's awesome. I always knew you'd have hilariously random children.

(Meredith would have a thing or two to say about that conversation though. She's very proud of her "Indian Blood" as she likes to call it. The other day I heard her asking her cousin to say "native American" instead.)

Mom of 4 Maniacs said...

Yea, Gina, I'm going to have to have you give him an education on Native Americans. Apparently, on India also.

The Khans said...

I am kinda-sorta Indian (West Indian, not East Indian) and I would have to agree with Ian. We Indians definitely do speak Human and not English:) I hate to disappoint the kiddo though but I never did wear the dot. I was deprived as a child:(

Gina said...

Oh my stars he is funny. Just teach him the phrase "feather not diamond," along with a simple hand motion I can show you (hand straight up behind your head, then index finger on your forehead), and you'll never have that particular conversation again. And yes, thank you for using the phrase "native american." Not only is it more culturally accurate, it's also VERY cool...or hot, depending on whether you ask Michael Scott, or Paris Hilton.

Anonymous said...

That is priceless. You have to love their innocence.