Preschool is a stressful thing...Not for Ian, but to Ian's mother. I spent a lot of this past weekend thinking of how I was going to confront Ian's teacher about the visit to the office Ian tried to tell me about. For a couple of weeks now, I've been hearing about a "mean" boy named Brady at school. He was mean until about a week ago. Now they are apparently some sort of K3 gang. As told by Mrs. Branch...Ian and Brady have been playing guns at school since the beginning of the year knowing that it was not allowed. So last Friday they were taken to the office to have Miss Wallace explain that if they shoot guns again she would have to call their parents. So...I possibly am raising a delinquent. Really though, rather than worrying about his future, which I am still satisfied with my interpretation of...despite his time outs and office time, I find myself worrying if Mrs. Branch likes him or not! It's a crazy thing to be a parent. Whether or not his teacher likes him...there will be people that think he's annoying, a brat or (if you can imagine), Not Cute! I think that is one of the hardest parts in watching your little babies grow up....exposing them to people that aren't their family that don't think they are the smartest, sweetest, and best Power Ranger in the world.
I'm pretty sure he can totally take that Brady in a fight!
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You are SO a mom! :) I feel the same way about Delaney -- how could anyone NOT love her? She's so adorable and smart! :)
The important thing here is that he converted the bully! That shows impressive social skills. :-)
But...could Ian and Brady take on Mrs. Branch? I'd love to see them in a shootout (fake guns of course), against Mrs. Branch and Mrs. Wallace.
Good grief - what are you THINKING letting your son play with toy guns? I cannot believe I know people like that. Tsk tsk.
Ian IS the smartest, sweetest, and best Power Ranger - anyone who doesn't think so will have to deal with me and my sword posse.
Hey, I heard you have a blog... is it true!?! Anyway, this post totally reminds me of my week at work. It's a long story though, so won't go into that. Maybe if I make a mask of Ian to wear to work that will help things out :)
Post a Comment