
If there's one thing I don't like about Tuesdays and Thursdays, it's the constant begging to play "castle". It's not that I don't or never liked playing with "boy toys", but I've come to realize after having Ian that no matter how much of a tomboy I thought I was... boys play much differently with toys than girls. For one thing, none of the knights have any sort of relationship. They don't talk to each other, they exist for the sole purpose of crashing into each other. Also, no matter how many times I ram my guy into the dragon or any other character that Ian is..... I never, ever under any circumstances am "allowed" to win a battle. My hands get really bruised up too.
He might look like he's saying something very knightly, but he's actually yelling "Yee Haw! and Yah Who!" This is a Alabamian Kingdom.

5 comments:
I seriously love those pictures.
That's funny about playing castle-- and that the knights never have any relationships. That's one of the things about forcing Eli and Meredith to play together when I hung out with them (when they were younger, anyway)-- make believe had to be a hybrid of what they wanted to play....so inevitably Eli was a rescue hero that had to save the queen (me) and her princess daughter (Meredith) from whatever distaster was striking that week.
I guess my point is this-- just wait until Lily gets older. Maybe she'll talk Ian into letting the knights be men who were best friends at one point but have now had to become mortal enemies because of some elaborate story she'll come up with.
Yay! You got the picture posted! I love it! Don't worry - before you know it, you'll be trying to tie tiny ribbons and changing dolly diapers.
Oh boy. If my baby is a boy (we find out in Nov.) I'm not going to know what to do with him! :)
katie, don't worry...Boys are so much fun, you can't begin to imagine. Fighting, guns, and all.
I have to say that this was (is) one more way I differed from most other boys. I DID make my He-Man and G.I. Joe people have relationships. They had to "go home" at the end of their battles... in fact, "home" was one of the funnest places to make for them.
Of course if you asked Rob, or probably anyone else except my mom (and probably Jason), they wouldn't know this about me.
Actually Celeste would for sure. :)
Yay-hee!!
Post a Comment