This stems from Katie's comment on seeing Ian as a Big Brother....
Having Lily is such a pure joy that I can't really express. When you have your first kid, you are overcome by this crazy, strong love. I did know that that love would be none less with the second, but what I didn't know is how much it would increase my love for both of them. I can sit and watch Lily and remember to appreciate the little funny or awful things that babies do and more specifically, what Ian did also when he was little. It's so much more relaxed and hilariously funny with her. Then watching Ian interact and think the same things are funny and sweet is just about more than a mom's heart can bear. I am convinced that this is the closest we can get, on earth, to experiencing the perfect Love that God has for us and that HE is. I understand why we are left without this knowledge and feelings....I think we would all explode or implode or something.
The decision to have children is the greatest thing that God put on my heart to do. Being at home with them everyday and seeing these moments that won't come around again, in short hind sight, is the best decision I've made. God has blessed my life in so many ways with my family that I couldn't name them all. Here's a few recent ones though...
....husband who cooks
....ian who has a gentle heart when it comes to me and lily
....lily who makes me laugh everyday, mostly directly after I want to start spanking at a very young age.
....Ian who won't let me start spanking his sister at a very young age.
....husband who respects and believes in me.
....brother who is healthy (with OCD)
....sister who is strong
....mom who gives me an example of a wife and mother to strive to be like.
....dad who is a gentleman (with OCD) and would do anything I ask of him.
....nieces and nephews that love my babies
....nephew who takes care of his mother.
....the most talented nieces ever.
....cats that don't hurt my kids, but protect them from our dog
....dog that ...... nevermind
....in-laws that treat me as their own daughter and sister.
....mom and dad that lets me give orders and work them to death in sweat shops that I make at various life stages, in my home.
....husband who is very patient and never raises his voice.
....husband who gets me a drink when I'm sitting and don't want to move
....son who gets me a drink when I'm sitting and don't want to move.
....daughter who makes me get up from where I'm sitting to carry her around for no reason.
Is everyone soooo jealous now?

2 comments:
This post did my heart good.
I'm happy that YOU are so, so happy.
How great to list so many ways in which your family is such a blessing. Family IS such a blessing...and what you did is important. We should all sit down and "list" our blessings much more often.
Post a Comment