Wednesday, January 1, 2014

First Tooth

Rob has been telling me for days that it looked like Si was about to get a tooth.  I didn't think anything about it.  I guess because he is almost 1 and seems more like a 6 month old.  I thought I was ready for him to go at his own speed as far as development.  I'm a goal girl and I was ready for all these goals that we'd be striving for.... but it is taking so long!  He's not crawling.  He's not moving from lying down to sitting or vice versa.  I have to admit that I was getting frustrated.  That's hard to admit because I love this guy more than I can even express.  He is my heart.  I, literally, thank God for him every time I pick him up.  But I watch all the babies he was born with crawl and walk and I want him to hurry up!  When I sit and pray, I know that it does no good to rush him.  He will crawl.  He will walk.  He will do all these things.  This was confirmed yesterday in a weird small way.  He has a tooth.  He has developed.  He is like all his friends.  I didn't think I was so ignorant of that.  But I have never been so excited about a first tooth!  I felt that little dagger and was so happy!  I just needed that little confirmation that he is growing up.  He is at his own pace.  
He also will crawl...
He is slowly, but surely growing.


I know I'll look back and wish it went even slower.  

No comments: