Sunday, November 25, 2007

I tried to nurse my son last night....

A small shadow figure woke me up at 1:30am this morning. I was half asleep so I went through my ritual of picking Lily up and putting her on my right side, pulling up my shirt to nurse her.... I don't remember the exact struggle of what happened...but I realized right after I sat "her" up, that I did not go get her from her room and Rob was fast asleep beside me. My heart started racing with thoughts and panic. How did she get there and who touched and picked up my baby girl with their hands and put her next to me. I scanned the room quickly and thought....KNEW my irrational fears that I live with daily were suddenly becoming a reality. I beat Rob on the shoulder to wake him up and said "Rob, I have Lily....I DIDN"T GO GET HER!" I glanced up at "her" and it looked like her fingers were in her mouth in her usual fashion and I reached up to take them out of her mouth and I heard Ian say "Dad?"...That woke me from my confusion immediately. Now I'm just left with the disturbing image of trying to force my big boy to nurse. I asked him about it this morning and he just said..."yeah, I remember that..." And he kind of giggled.

Poor Guy.

7 comments:

Kristin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristin said...

I'm really not sure what to say about that. Atleast he laughed. It will be a great story to bring out as needed in his future.

jduckbaker said...

Hilarious! You should call La Leche League. They would be proud!

RD said...

this is hilarious! I'm sure some therapist down the road can help him through that traumatic experience :)

Gina said...

Ok, falling through ceilings and trying to nurse Ian?? Can I give you a fish dinner, or a casserole or something? Take it easy! You could end up nuts like me! Love you!

Sarah said...

You just made me cry from laughing.
I hope you're happy!

Anonymous said...

Well written article.