Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Ian about Si

Our nightly ritual since we've had kids is READ, SING, PRAY.  Every night.  We sometimes get lazy or it gets too late and we don't READ, but we ALWAYS SING AND PRAY.  Ian is especially dependent on those 2 things.  His 2 songs have always been Jesus loves the little children and "have I not commanded you".  So to mix things up some nights I will substitute children for one or all of their names.  The other night, I sang ".....all the Si, Si's of the world...."  After we finished, I could Ian was deep in thought.  He finally looked at me and said, "I think Jesus must REALLY love Si and kids like him...you know, with Down Syndrome."  I asked why.  He says, "I just think they are special.  I think he thinks they are really special"  I told him that Jesus thinks all children and special but I think he is probably right.


I'm so thankful for how my sweet kids show their love for Si.  Even Seth is in love with him.  Ian is different because he "gets it"... he has some understanding of what is a head for Si and he seems to be preparing to be there for him.  It's so cool to be able to see your kids' hearts changing.

No comments: